The Demand Distribution curve illustrates how a TV show’s popularity compares to the demand benchmark, which is a measure of the average demand across all titles. The curve is divided into performance buckets, ranging from “Below Average” to “Exceptional”. A show falls into one of these performance buckets depending on how many times more or less demand it has compared to the demand benchmark.
The show’s performance is market-specific, e.g. the same show can be in the “Average” range in the United States and in the “Good” range in France.
As an example, if a show has 9 times more demand than the demand benchmark, it falls in the “Outstanding” performance range; only 2.7% of all shows in the market reach this high level of demand.
Parrot Analytics understands the importance of using demand data to help content executives make informed decisions. Today, we'll be examining "MasterChef (AU)" in Australia, and explain how our demand data can help Entertainment Executives make better content decisions.
- Parrot Analytics content valuation system can help in answering the question "How much is my series worth?" by utilizing demand data and revealing the dollar value contribution of any title, to any platform, in any region.
- By analyzing "MasterChef (AU)'' over the last 30 days and comparing it to the average, we can see that the show has exceptional outstanding audience demand in Australia. Therefore, it is safe to say that the show has a considerable value contribution to any platform in Australia or globally.
- The demand for "MasterChef (AU)" decreased during the month of August by 17.2%. Understanding audience demand can help TV executives make informed programming decisions, ensuring they pick the right titles to meet their customer's needs.
- Parrot Analytics' demand data also helps TV executives with optimal release strategy and pricing decisions for their content. In late August 2023, "MasterChef (AU)" experienced a demand spike in Australia. Therefore, executives can use this information to make informed content marketing and release decisions.
- The recent demand analysis on "MasterChef (AU)" has shown that the show has exceptional travelability and franchisability. By examining the top 10 global markets where "MasterChef (AU)" is most in-demand over the last 30 days, we found that the show outperformed the demand of the average TV show in each of these markets. This means that the show has high potential in international markets and would make an excellent addition to any global streaming platform library.
- Executives can also use our demand data in mapping local whitespace in different regions. For example, we discovered that South Africa is "MasterChef (AU)"'s number one market globally. Therefore, entertainment executives can plan for localized content, ensuring maximum return on investment based on customized demand analysis.
- Our demand data also powers affinity analysis, which maps audience affinity to talent or brands. The demand for "MasterChef (AU)" revealed that viewers who enjoy the show also watch series such as "The Blacklist" and "Project Runway." Hence, executives can use this data during talent selection, partnership branding, or even series acquisition.
In conclusion, Parrot Analytics' demand data can be used for content valuation, programming, distribution, talent selection, and franchise expansion. In the case of "MasterChef (AU)," the show had exceptional audience demand, and various executive decisions could be made using this data. In summary, whether distributors, platforms, or producers, the use of demand data is crucial to making informed content decisions and staying ahead of the competition.
This is MasterChef (AU)'s home market and therefore its travelability is 100%; the travelability of a TV show's market of origin is always 100%. Click through to another market to discover how well MasterChef (AU) travels internationally.
Answer one question and put our thinking to work on your challenges.
Who are you in the industry?
Capture more value from content opportunities in Australia as well as globally. Contact us now to leverage audience profiling, market-based insights, talent scoring and genre clustering to de-risk production investments. Discover new business opportunities in the Reality genre and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content e.g. Network Ten, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Support casting decisions with empirical market data for Australia. Contact us now to reveal hidden talent insights, through a combination of affinity and trait analysis, encompassing both global and market-based factors to determine who is truly worth an investment. Discover new business opportunities and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s offerings including specific titles such as MasterChef (AU).
Produce with confidence whilst mitigating downside risks. Contact us now to decrease production risks by combining content genome insights with demand data to increase the likelihood of a successful series: Gain deep insights into character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences, including Reality. Using audience demand data, explore markets such as Australia to discover lucrative new sales opportunities whilst evaluating the expected ROI for new series acquisitions such as MasterChef (AU) from partners like Network Ten.
Studios in Australia are now empowered to fuse art with science for the next global hit. Contact us to gain deep insights into target audiences’ character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences (e.g. Reality) - for both local and global content. Find the best performing concepts with demand-driven concept testing and development. Apply talent demand to gain a holistic view of future content performance, pre-development.
Are you seeking distribution for MasterChef (AU)? Lead global content negotiations with authority. Contact us now to discover if you should prioritize markets such as Australia, based on country-specific audience demand - including territories where commercial rights have not yet been granted. Apply a demand-based framework to negotiations with potential distribution partners such as Network Ten to maximize the deal value. Assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Maximize advertising revenues from new audiences in Australia. Contact us now to leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from Network Ten by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors. Appeal to audience interests using demand-driven advertising and personalize campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand for specific titles such as MasterChef (AU). Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles that have not even been released.
Acquire the best shows from partners such as Network Ten to fortify your competitive position in Australia. Contact us now to access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles (e.g. MasterChef (AU)), including those that have not even been released. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors.
Command your Reality genre niche with maximum net subscriber adds. Contact us now to harnesses audience demand data to gain insights for growing and keeping a subscriber base. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from partners such as Network Ten by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors for all markets including Australia. Appeal to the individuality of your audience base, taking into consideration the unique and limitless characteristics of taste clusters.
Deploy high impact entertainment marketing strategies across all genres including Reality. Contact us now to deploy demand-driven marketing, the only empirical earned media measure of your marketing spend. Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles such as MasterChef (AU), including those that have not even been released. Appeal to your target markets, including Australia, based on audience interests, enabling the personalization of campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand.
Our TV audience measurement dataset is truly global. Discover how popular Network Ten‘s MasterChef (AU) is in any of the following selected markets. Need data for other markets? Find out more about DEMAND360LITE.
Parrot Analytics is the leading global content demand analytics company for the multi-platform business of television. With the world’s largest TV audience demand dataset, the company currently tracks more than 1.5B daily expressions of demand in 100 languages, not only in Australia, but also in 100+ other markets around the world to reveal the television content that consumers watch (viewership) and give their attention to the most.
Parrot Analytics' television demand data highlights the global TV content monetization opportunities for Network Ten and thousands of TV studios, linear networks, broadcasters, pay TV providers and OTT / SVOD platforms.
Unlike TV ratings, our DemandRank TV rating system ensures that important demand signals are weighted more heavily than others: The more consumer effort required; the more importance is attached to each signal. Once all the signals are weighted and combined, the audience demand for MasterChef (AU), for example, can be assessed for a market e.g. Australia, which can then be benchmarked against genre averages (e.g. Cooking Reality), using our globally standardized Demand Expressions® metric.
This page has been amended on Sept. 4, 2023, 2:01 p.m. PST using global demand data from Parrot Analytics for MasterChef (AU) in Australia. We provide our partners with essential content workflows to help them drive better and more informed content advertising strategies. Contact us today to find out more.