The Demand Distribution curve illustrates how a TV show’s popularity compares to the demand benchmark, which is a measure of the average demand across all titles. The curve is divided into performance buckets, ranging from “Below Average” to “Exceptional”. A show falls into one of these performance buckets depending on how many times more or less demand it has compared to the demand benchmark.
The show’s performance is market-specific, e.g. the same show can be in the “Average” range in the United States and in the “Good” range in France.
As an example, if a show has 9 times more demand than the demand benchmark, it falls in the “Outstanding” performance range; only 2.7% of all shows in the market reach this high level of demand.
As entertainment executives, analyzing demand data can aid you in making more informed acquisition, distribution, programming, and content decisions. You can do this in a variety of ways, for example, by leveraging Parrot Analytics demand data, you can answer questions like:
- Content valuation: How can you determine how much to spend on content? Parrot Analytics content valuation system is based on demand data and reveals the dollar value contribution of any title, to any platform, in any region. The demand data can be used to assess a TV series' ability to drive subscriptions and mitigate churn - for example, "The Crowded Room" in Canada achieved 12.5 times the audience demand of the average show in Canada over the last 30 days. Content valuation helps in determining the ROI of a specific title for any given platform.
- Acquiring or Producing Content: With data insights, entertainment executives can tell which type(s) of content exhibit opportunities to acquire or produce. Parrot Analytics’ demand data helps executives target the right audience and make decisions. For example, "The Crowded Room" managed to spike demand in late August 2023 in Canada, and with an outstanding demand in the country, it could be a good fit for an acquisition or even a production for Canada.
- Competitive Benchmarking & Travelability: Parrot Analytics’ demand data can be used to benchmark against other titles available on the market and to determine how well it would suit other countries or markets. For instance, "The Crowded Room" outperforms the demand of the average TV show in the top ten global markets where it’s most in-demand. The show has exceptional global demand, along with exceptional travelability, making it a good fit for many other markets outside its region.
- Subscriber Retention and Acquisition: Entertainment executives can analyze the demand data to determine which titles would retain or attract new subscribers. By finding out what genres are resonating with the audience better, you could optimize a marketing campaign, measure its effectiveness, and determine whether it is part of the cultural zeitgeist - "The Crowded Room" has exceptional momentum, so it would be useful to keep an eye on how it sustains its demand.
- Programming decision-making: Another way to use demand data is to inform scalable concept testing and value content by determining what’s the baseline cost of a title - "The Crowded Room" has higher demand than 99.8% of all biography titles in Canada, making it useful for decision-making for biography-focused programming. You can also leverage demand data to make programming decisions such as choosing what type of content to produce or acquire which resonates well with audiences - "The Crowded Room" fans also like "Justified: City Primeval", "Warrior", and "The Witcher," which could provide ideas for complementary programming.
Overall, using Parrot Analytics' demand data, entertainment executives can base their decision-making process on key factors such as content valuation, franchiseability, momentum, reach, as well as regional-specific audience demand data, which increases their chances of making successful decisions. By analyzing shows like "The Crowded Room," with outstanding audience demand, exceptional travelability, and momentum, entertainment executives can pinpoint how it fares against competitors, audience demographics, or even what time frame would be best to release new content for optimal viewership.
The Crowded Room's travelability to Canada in the last 30 days is 72%, which means that the audience demand for The Crowded Room is 72% of the demand in its country of origin, United States. Click through to another market to discover how well The Crowded Room travels internationally.
Answer one question and put our thinking to work on your challenges.
Who are you in the industry?
Capture more value from content opportunities in Canada as well as globally. Contact us now to leverage audience profiling, market-based insights, talent scoring and genre clustering to de-risk production investments. Discover new business opportunities in the Drama genre and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content e.g. Apple TV+, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Support casting decisions with empirical market data for Canada. Contact us now to reveal hidden talent insights, through a combination of affinity and trait analysis, encompassing both global and market-based factors to determine who is truly worth an investment. Discover new business opportunities and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s offerings including specific titles such as The Crowded Room.
Produce with confidence whilst mitigating downside risks. Contact us now to decrease production risks by combining content genome insights with demand data to increase the likelihood of a successful series: Gain deep insights into character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences, including Drama. Using audience demand data, explore markets such as Canada to discover lucrative new sales opportunities whilst evaluating the expected ROI for new series acquisitions such as The Crowded Room from partners like Apple TV+.
Studios in Canada are now empowered to fuse art with science for the next global hit. Contact us to gain deep insights into target audiences’ character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences (e.g. Drama) - for both local and global content. Find the best performing concepts with demand-driven concept testing and development. Apply talent demand to gain a holistic view of future content performance, pre-development.
Are you seeking distribution for The Crowded Room? Lead global content negotiations with authority. Contact us now to discover if you should prioritize markets such as Canada, based on country-specific audience demand - including territories where commercial rights have not yet been granted. Apply a demand-based framework to negotiations with potential distribution partners such as Apple TV+ to maximize the deal value. Assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Maximize advertising revenues from new audiences in Canada. Contact us now to leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from Apple TV+ by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors. Appeal to audience interests using demand-driven advertising and personalize campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand for specific titles such as The Crowded Room. Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles that have not even been released.
Acquire the best shows from partners such as Apple TV+ to fortify your competitive position in Canada. Contact us now to access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles (e.g. The Crowded Room), including those that have not even been released. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors.
Command your Drama genre niche with maximum net subscriber adds. Contact us now to harnesses audience demand data to gain insights for growing and keeping a subscriber base. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from partners such as Apple TV+ by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors for all markets including Canada. Appeal to the individuality of your audience base, taking into consideration the unique and limitless characteristics of taste clusters.
Deploy high impact entertainment marketing strategies across all genres including Drama. Contact us now to deploy demand-driven marketing, the only empirical earned media measure of your marketing spend. Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles such as The Crowded Room, including those that have not even been released. Appeal to your target markets, including Canada, based on audience interests, enabling the personalization of campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand.
Our TV audience measurement dataset is truly global. Discover how popular Apple TV+‘s The Crowded Room is in any of the following selected markets. Need data for other markets? Find out more about DEMAND360LITE.
Parrot Analytics is the leading global content demand analytics company for the multi-platform business of television. With the world’s largest TV audience demand dataset, the company currently tracks more than 1.5B daily expressions of demand in 100 languages, not only in Canada, but also in 100+ other markets around the world to reveal the television content that consumers watch (viewership) and give their attention to the most.
Parrot Analytics' television demand data highlights the global TV content monetization opportunities for Apple TV+ and thousands of TV studios, linear networks, broadcasters, pay TV providers and OTT / SVOD platforms.
Unlike TV ratings, our DemandRank TV rating system ensures that important demand signals are weighted more heavily than others: The more consumer effort required; the more importance is attached to each signal. Once all the signals are weighted and combined, the audience demand for The Crowded Room, for example, can be assessed for a market e.g. Canada, which can then be benchmarked against genre averages (e.g. Mystery Drama), using our globally standardized Demand Expressions® metric.
This page has been altered on Oct. 2, 2023, 2:02 p.m. PST using global tv demand datasets from Parrot Analytics for The Crowded Room in Canada. We provide our partners with extensive TV competencies to help them drive better and more informed content marketing strategies. Contact us today to find out more.