The Demand Distribution curve illustrates how a TV show’s popularity compares to the demand benchmark, which is a measure of the average demand across all titles. The curve is divided into performance buckets, ranging from “Below Average” to “Exceptional”. A show falls into one of these performance buckets depending on how many times more or less demand it has compared to the demand benchmark.
The show’s performance is market-specific, e.g. the same show can be in the “Average” range in the United States and in the “Good” range in France.
As an example, if a show has 9 times more demand than the demand benchmark, it falls in the “Outstanding” performance range; only 2.7% of all shows in the market reach this high level of demand.
If you’re a TV executive looking to make sound content acquisition and programming decisions, it’s important to be thoroughly informed by the best available data. Parrot Analytics’ demand data is an important resource. Here are a few ways you can use Parrot Analytics’ demand data, and the example of “Battlebots” in the Netherlands as a reference point:
1. Use Parrot Analytics’ content valuation system to value “Battlebots” – Valuation models based on measuring audience demand of shows can assist in determining content values for a title. Parrot Analytics’ content valuation system uses demand data to reveal the dollar value contribution of any title, to any platform, in any region. The platform-specific marginal revenue contribution and how a title drives engagement across the rest of the catalog can also be quantified through demand measurement. With 9.8 times the audience demand of the average show in the Netherlands over the last 30 days, “Battlebots” ranks amongst the outstanding titles. By using demand data, it is possible for the television executive to calculate the ROI “Battlebots” will bring to their platform.
2. Use demand data to explore travelability – “Travelability” analyzes a show’s international marketability relative to its home market. With a travelability of good, “Battlebots” could be considered for expansion abroad since it has international appeal and demand. The demand for “Battlebots” in the Netherlands was 55% of the demand in the United States, the show’s country of origin.
3. Use demand data for competitive analysis – Comparative analysis is possible with the help of demand data. Television executives can explore the performance of “Battlebots” in relation to like genres and titles. Coming in the 99.6th percentile in the reality genre in the Netherlands in October, “Battlebots” has higher demand than 99.6% of all reality titles in the Netherlands. With this data, it’s easier to make informed competitive decisions around programming and acquisition.
4. Use demand data for growth forecasting – By measuring audience demand over time, it is possible to predict future trends. For instance, it is identified through demand data that the demand for “Battlebots” in October 2023 increased in the Netherlands by 78.8% and demand has been increasing steadily by 7.6 times the average over the last 90 days. This suggests that “Battlebots” has potential for continued growth.
5. Use demand data for genre analysis – Parrot Analytics’ demand data can reveal important insights and trends around genre demand. For example, examining the top 10 global markets where "Battlebots" is most in-demand over the last 30 days reveals customer preferences for this genre and content tastes. Additionally, other shows that fans of “Battlebots” enjoy like “Rick And Morty” and “Loki” can be found through this data, which makes it easier for executives to curate content around customer preferences.
By using demand data, many factors can be considered when making content or acquisition decisions. In the case of “Battlebots,” this data provides valuable insights about audience demand in the Netherlands and beyond, as well as practical applications for content acquisition, programming, and growth forecasting.
Battlebots's travelability to Netherlands in the last 30 days is 72%, which means that the audience demand for Battlebots is 72% of the demand in its country of origin, United States. Click through to another market to discover how well Battlebots travels internationally.
Answer one question and put our thinking to work on your challenges.
Who are you in the industry?
Capture more value from content opportunities in Netherlands as well as globally. Contact us now to leverage audience profiling, market-based insights, talent scoring and genre clustering to de-risk production investments. Discover new business opportunities in the Variety genre and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content e.g. Comedy Central, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Support casting decisions with empirical market data for Netherlands. Contact us now to reveal hidden talent insights, through a combination of affinity and trait analysis, encompassing both global and market-based factors to determine who is truly worth an investment. Discover new business opportunities and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s offerings including specific titles such as Battlebots.
Produce with confidence whilst mitigating downside risks. Contact us now to decrease production risks by combining content genome insights with demand data to increase the likelihood of a successful series: Gain deep insights into character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences, including Variety. Using audience demand data, explore markets such as Netherlands to discover lucrative new sales opportunities whilst evaluating the expected ROI for new series acquisitions such as Battlebots from partners like Comedy Central.
Studios in Netherlands are now empowered to fuse art with science for the next global hit. Contact us to gain deep insights into target audiences’ character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences (e.g. Variety) - for both local and global content. Find the best performing concepts with demand-driven concept testing and development. Apply talent demand to gain a holistic view of future content performance, pre-development.
Are you seeking distribution for Battlebots? Lead global content negotiations with authority. Contact us now to discover if you should prioritize markets such as Netherlands, based on country-specific audience demand - including territories where commercial rights have not yet been granted. Apply a demand-based framework to negotiations with potential distribution partners such as Comedy Central to maximize the deal value. Assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Maximize advertising revenues from new audiences in Netherlands. Contact us now to leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from Comedy Central by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors. Appeal to audience interests using demand-driven advertising and personalize campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand for specific titles such as Battlebots. Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles that have not even been released.
Acquire the best shows from partners such as Comedy Central to fortify your competitive position in Netherlands. Contact us now to access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles (e.g. Battlebots), including those that have not even been released. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors.
Command your Variety genre niche with maximum net subscriber adds. Contact us now to harnesses audience demand data to gain insights for growing and keeping a subscriber base. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from partners such as Comedy Central by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors for all markets including Netherlands. Appeal to the individuality of your audience base, taking into consideration the unique and limitless characteristics of taste clusters.
Deploy high impact entertainment marketing strategies across all genres including Variety. Contact us now to deploy demand-driven marketing, the only empirical earned media measure of your marketing spend. Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles such as Battlebots, including those that have not even been released. Appeal to your target markets, including Netherlands, based on audience interests, enabling the personalization of campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand.
Our TV audience measurement dataset is truly global. Discover how popular Comedy Central‘s Battlebots is in any of the following selected markets. Need data for other markets? Find out more about DEMAND360LITE.
Parrot Analytics is the leading global content demand analytics company for the multi-platform business of television. With the world’s largest TV audience demand dataset, the company currently tracks more than 1.5B daily expressions of demand in 100 languages, not only in Netherlands, but also in 100+ other markets around the world to reveal the television content that consumers watch (viewership) and give their attention to the most.
Parrot Analytics' television demand data highlights the global TV content monetization opportunities for Comedy Central and thousands of TV studios, linear networks, broadcasters, pay TV providers and OTT / SVOD platforms.
Unlike TV ratings, our DemandRank TV rating system ensures that important demand signals are weighted more heavily than others: The more consumer effort required; the more importance is attached to each signal. Once all the signals are weighted and combined, the audience demand for Battlebots, for example, can be assessed for a market e.g. Netherlands, which can then be benchmarked against genre averages (e.g. Game Show), using our globally standardized Demand Expressions® metric.
This page has been adjusted on Feb. 23, 2024, 1 p.m. PST using tv demand content analytics from Parrot Analytics for Battlebots in Netherlands. We provide our partners with far-reaching television series insight to help them drive better and more informed content marketing strategies. Contact us today to find out more.