The Demand Distribution curve illustrates how a TV show’s popularity compares to the demand benchmark, which is a measure of the average demand across all titles. The curve is divided into performance buckets, ranging from “Below Average” to “Exceptional”. A show falls into one of these performance buckets depending on how many times more or less demand it has compared to the demand benchmark.
The show’s performance is market-specific, e.g. the same show can be in the “Average” range in the United States and in the “Good” range in France.
As an example, if a show has 9 times more demand than the demand benchmark, it falls in the “Outstanding” performance range; only 2.7% of all shows in the market reach this high level of demand.
As an entertainment executive, understanding audience demand for a TV show is vital to make informed decisions regarding content acquisition, distribution, and programming. This is where demand data comes in, providing valuable insights that can help maximize ROI and reduce risks. Let's take a look at how demand data for "Special Ops: Lioness" for the month of October 2023 in Portugal can be used to make more informed decisions.
1. Content Valuation: Parrot Analytics content valuation system is based on demand data and can determine the dollar value contribution of any title to any platform in any region. Based on the analysis of "Special Ops: Lioness" in Portugal over the last 30 days, the show has 8.3 times the audience demand of the average show and is outstanding. Parrot Analytics' demand-based content valuation system can help estimate the value of content to a platform over time, assess the value of exclusivity, estimate the ROI a specific title will bring for any given platform, and assess a TV series' ability to drive subscriptions and mitigate churn.
2. Audience Demand: By looking at the demand for "Special Ops: Lioness" in Portugal over the last 30 days, executives can determine what content is most popular in the local market or on a global scale. Special Ops: Lioness has higher demand in Portugal than 99.8% of all drama titles in the country. Comparing the show's performance on a 1-year rolling basis versus the last 30 days, it reveals that the show has increasing popularity with peak demand increasing by 30.5%.
3. Programming Strategy: Understanding audience demand can help executives determine the optimal release strategy for their content. For instance, the analysis of "Special Ops: Lioness" over the last 30 days shows that demand spiked in late October. They can also use demand data to uncover under-monetized titles, identify local whitespaces, track a show's momentum, and identify the most popular genres in a local market.
4. Franchise Potential: Parrot Analytics' analysis of "Special Ops: Lioness" over the past 30 days shows that the show has good franchisability (spin-off potential) as well as good reach. This means that executives can consider the potential for spin-offs or other forms of monetization.
5. Decision Making: By looking at the audience's affinity to other shows, like "Ahsoka," "Hijack," and "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan," executives can understand the taste clusters. This can help executives to make more informed decisions concerning supply and demand. They can also use demand data to inform the platform and network fit, competitive benchmarking, subscriber acquisition and retention, and pre-release marketing.
In conclusion, understanding audience demand can help executives make informed decisions that can maximize ROI and reduce risks. By using Parrot Analytics' demand-based content valuation system, executives can get a dollar-value contribution of any title to any platform in any region, estimate exclusivity value, and assess a TV series' ability to drive subscriptions and mitigate churn. Additionally, executives can use demand data to determine the most popular content in their local market or on a global scale, craft programming strategy, and identify franchise potential. It is clear that from our analysis of "Special Ops: Lioness" over the last 30 days in Portugal, that leveraging audience demand data can enable entertainment executives to make more informed content, acquisition, distribution, and programming decisions.
Special Ops: Lioness's travelability to Portugal in the last 30 days is 55%, which means that the audience demand for Special Ops: Lioness is 55% of the demand in its country of origin, United States. Click through to another market to discover how well Special Ops: Lioness travels internationally.
Answer one question and put our thinking to work on your challenges.
Who are you in the industry?
Capture more value from content opportunities in Portugal as well as globally. Contact us now to leverage audience profiling, market-based insights, talent scoring and genre clustering to de-risk production investments. Discover new business opportunities in the Drama genre and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content e.g. Paramount+, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Support casting decisions with empirical market data for Portugal. Contact us now to reveal hidden talent insights, through a combination of affinity and trait analysis, encompassing both global and market-based factors to determine who is truly worth an investment. Discover new business opportunities and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s offerings including specific titles such as Special Ops: Lioness.
Produce with confidence whilst mitigating downside risks. Contact us now to decrease production risks by combining content genome insights with demand data to increase the likelihood of a successful series: Gain deep insights into character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences, including Drama. Using audience demand data, explore markets such as Portugal to discover lucrative new sales opportunities whilst evaluating the expected ROI for new series acquisitions such as Special Ops: Lioness from partners like Paramount+.
Studios in Portugal are now empowered to fuse art with science for the next global hit. Contact us to gain deep insights into target audiences’ character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences (e.g. Drama) - for both local and global content. Find the best performing concepts with demand-driven concept testing and development. Apply talent demand to gain a holistic view of future content performance, pre-development.
Are you seeking distribution for Special Ops: Lioness? Lead global content negotiations with authority. Contact us now to discover if you should prioritize markets such as Portugal, based on country-specific audience demand - including territories where commercial rights have not yet been granted. Apply a demand-based framework to negotiations with potential distribution partners such as Paramount+ to maximize the deal value. Assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Maximize advertising revenues from new audiences in Portugal. Contact us now to leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from Paramount+ by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors. Appeal to audience interests using demand-driven advertising and personalize campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand for specific titles such as Special Ops: Lioness. Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles that have not even been released.
Acquire the best shows from partners such as Paramount+ to fortify your competitive position in Portugal. Contact us now to access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles (e.g. Special Ops: Lioness), including those that have not even been released. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors.
Command your Drama genre niche with maximum net subscriber adds. Contact us now to harnesses audience demand data to gain insights for growing and keeping a subscriber base. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from partners such as Paramount+ by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors for all markets including Portugal. Appeal to the individuality of your audience base, taking into consideration the unique and limitless characteristics of taste clusters.
Deploy high impact entertainment marketing strategies across all genres including Drama. Contact us now to deploy demand-driven marketing, the only empirical earned media measure of your marketing spend. Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles such as Special Ops: Lioness, including those that have not even been released. Appeal to your target markets, including Portugal, based on audience interests, enabling the personalization of campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand.
Our TV audience measurement dataset is truly global. Discover how popular Paramount+‘s Special Ops: Lioness is in any of the following selected markets. Need data for other markets? Find out more about DEMAND360LITE.
Parrot Analytics is the leading global content demand analytics company for the multi-platform business of television. With the world’s largest TV audience demand dataset, the company currently tracks more than 1.5B daily expressions of demand in 100 languages, not only in Portugal, but also in 100+ other markets around the world to reveal the television content that consumers watch (viewership) and give their attention to the most.
Parrot Analytics' television demand data highlights the global TV content monetization opportunities for Paramount+ and thousands of TV studios, linear networks, broadcasters, pay TV providers and OTT / SVOD platforms.
Unlike TV ratings, our DemandRank TV rating system ensures that important demand signals are weighted more heavily than others: The more consumer effort required; the more importance is attached to each signal. Once all the signals are weighted and combined, the audience demand for Special Ops: Lioness, for example, can be assessed for a market e.g. Portugal, which can then be benchmarked against genre averages (e.g. Action Drama), using our globally standardized Demand Expressions® metric.
This page has been modified on Dec. 5, 2023, 1:03 p.m. PST using demand data from Parrot Analytics for Special Ops: Lioness in Portugal. We provide our partners with valuable content workflows to help them drive better and more informed content acquisition strategies. Contact us today to find out more.