The Demand Distribution curve illustrates how a TV show’s popularity compares to the demand benchmark, which is a measure of the average demand across all titles. The curve is divided into performance buckets, ranging from “Below Average” to “Exceptional”. A show falls into one of these performance buckets depending on how many times more or less demand it has compared to the demand benchmark.
The show’s performance is market-specific, e.g. the same show can be in the “Average” range in the United States and in the “Good” range in France.
As an example, if a show has 9 times more demand than the demand benchmark, it falls in the “Outstanding” performance range; only 2.7% of all shows in the market reach this high level of demand.
As an entertainment executive, you should consider using demand data to make more informed decisions about content, acquisitions, distribution, and programming. Parrot Analytics' content valuation, which is based on demand data, can be used to value specific content or an entire library, allowing you to track the contribution of any title, to any platform, in any region and make better-informed decisions. Here's how you can use demand data related to "Schitt's Creek" to guide your decision-making process:
1. Content valuation: You can use demand data to determine the value of your series and assess its ability to boost a streaming platform's subscriptions or reduce churn. With an outstanding demand level of 12.2x the average for the last 30 days, demand for "Schitt's Creek" is exceptional. Its high demand level can positively impact the show's economic valuation and demonstrate its strength as a strategic asset to the streaming platform.
2. Travelability, Reach, and Franchisability: Utilize information regarding the show's demand in global markets to ascertain the show's fan base, potential for spin-offs, and reach. With an outstanding demand of 12.2x in Canada, "Schitt's Creek" ranks higher than 97.2% of all comedy titles in the United States." Further, the show has good travelability, meaning it has significant international demand relative to its home market. Additionally, the show's reach is good, indicating it is attracting a wide group of people. Finally, its good franchisability indicates its potential for future spin-offs.
3. Subscriber Acquisition and Retention: Determine which titles you should acquire if you want to keep your current audience happy, and which titles will help you grow your audience. You can use audience demand data to identify titles with the potential to drive audience acquisitions and mitigate churn. For example, with 12.2x the audience demand of the average show in the United States over the last 30 days, "Schitt's Creek" has demonstrated its potential for subscriber acquisition.
4. Optimal Release Strategy and Pricing: Use demand data to optimize the release of your content and determine suitable pricing strategies. With demand spiking in late September 2023 for the United States, executives responsible for the series can evaluate factors that contributed to the spike in demand, such as marketing, trending content, or potential events. That information can inform the release and pricing strategies for "Schitt's Creek."
5. Content Monetization: Use demand data to evaluate content's potential for monetization and identify under-monetized titles. As "Schitt's Creek" ranks as the 97.2th percentile in the comedy genre, it is an ideal monetization candidate.
In conclusion, leveraging demand data is critical in making well-informed decisions in the entertainment industry today. By analyzing demand trends for "Schitt's Creek," you can conceivably optimize valuation models, acquire and retain happy subscribers, determine the optimal release strategies and pricing, identify underperforming titles, and merchandise your show's potential well into the future.
Schitt's Creek's travelability to the United States in the last 30 days is 83%, which means that the audience demand for Schitt's Creek is 83% of the demand in its country of origin, Canada. Click through to another market to discover how well Schitt's Creek travels internationally.
Answer one question and put our thinking to work on your challenges.
Who are you in the industry?
Capture more value from content opportunities in the United States as well as globally. Contact us now to leverage audience profiling, market-based insights, talent scoring and genre clustering to de-risk production investments. Discover new business opportunities in the Comedy genre and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content e.g. CBC, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Support casting decisions with empirical market data for the United States. Contact us now to reveal hidden talent insights, through a combination of affinity and trait analysis, encompassing both global and market-based factors to determine who is truly worth an investment. Discover new business opportunities and assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s offerings including specific titles such as Schitt's Creek.
Produce with confidence whilst mitigating downside risks. Contact us now to decrease production risks by combining content genome insights with demand data to increase the likelihood of a successful series: Gain deep insights into character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences, including Comedy. Using audience demand data, explore markets such as the United States to discover lucrative new sales opportunities whilst evaluating the expected ROI for new series acquisitions such as Schitt's Creek from partners like CBC.
Studios in the United States are now empowered to fuse art with science for the next global hit. Contact us to gain deep insights into target audiences’ character, talent, setting, plot, theme and genre preferences (e.g. Comedy) - for both local and global content. Find the best performing concepts with demand-driven concept testing and development. Apply talent demand to gain a holistic view of future content performance, pre-development.
Are you seeking distribution for Schitt's Creek? Lead global content negotiations with authority. Contact us now to discover if you should prioritize markets such as the United States, based on country-specific audience demand - including territories where commercial rights have not yet been granted. Apply a demand-based framework to negotiations with potential distribution partners such as CBC to maximize the deal value. Assess the strengths and weakness of the competition’s content, leading to increased commercial efficiency and ROI.
Maximize advertising revenues from new audiences in the United States. Contact us now to leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from CBC by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors. Appeal to audience interests using demand-driven advertising and personalize campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand for specific titles such as Schitt's Creek. Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles that have not even been released.
Acquire the best shows from partners such as CBC to fortify your competitive position in the United States. Contact us now to access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles (e.g. Schitt's Creek), including those that have not even been released. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors.
Command your Comedy genre niche with maximum net subscriber adds. Contact us now to harnesses audience demand data to gain insights for growing and keeping a subscriber base. Leverage a return-focused selection criteria for title acquisition from partners such as CBC by incorporating country-specific trend and market demand factors for all markets including the United States. Appeal to the individuality of your audience base, taking into consideration the unique and limitless characteristics of taste clusters.
Deploy high impact entertainment marketing strategies across all genres including Comedy. Contact us now to deploy demand-driven marketing, the only empirical earned media measure of your marketing spend. Access audience taste clusters weeks ahead of a premiere, resulting in high impact campaigns for titles such as Schitt's Creek, including those that have not even been released. Appeal to your target markets, including the United States, based on audience interests, enabling the personalization of campaigns to capitalize on pre-release demand.
Our TV audience measurement dataset is truly global. Discover how popular CBC‘s Schitt's Creek is in any of the following selected markets. Need data for other markets? Find out more about DEMAND360LITE.
Parrot Analytics is the leading global content demand analytics company for the multi-platform business of television. With the world’s largest TV audience demand dataset, the company currently tracks more than 1.5B daily expressions of demand in 100 languages, not only in the United States, but also in 100+ other markets around the world to reveal the television content that consumers watch (viewership) and give their attention to the most.
Parrot Analytics' television demand data highlights the global TV content monetization opportunities for CBC and thousands of TV studios, linear networks, broadcasters, pay TV providers and OTT / SVOD platforms.
Unlike TV ratings, our DemandRank TV rating system ensures that important demand signals are weighted more heavily than others: The more consumer effort required; the more importance is attached to each signal. Once all the signals are weighted and combined, the audience demand for Schitt's Creek, for example, can be assessed for a market e.g. United States, which can then be benchmarked against genre averages (e.g. Sitcom), using our globally standardized Demand Expressions® metric.
This page has been modified on Nov. 27, 2023, 1:03 p.m. PST using demand data from Parrot Analytics for Schitt's Creek in the United States. We provide our partners with essential content workflows to help them drive better and more informed content investment strategies. Contact us today to find out more.